Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Default Doug Sax on wire

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 07:03:20 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

A scientific paper, at least a good one, just tells a story:

I had an idea.
I decided that if my idea were correct, this special thing would happen.
I tried to make my special thing happen.
I suceeded in making my special thing happen.

You've left out one further, vital point.

"And when I tried again, and other people tried, it happened again.
Every time."

That's where science differs from superstition and religion. The
miracle needs to work every time. Somehow, there's always a reason
why it doesn't.