Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Doug Sax on wire

hank alrich wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
hank alrich wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Paul Stamler wrote:

I don't know what opamp Jim Williams substitutes for the 301 in that
modification, but I bet the choice was non-trivial..

I doubt it. Not with the modern devices to hand.

That's talk. Jim actually works on the mics. Give it a go and see what
you find.

How much do you know about MODERN semiconductor devices and ICs ?

Most of this stuff is TRIVIALLY SIMPLE now.

The idea that it's some difficult task to find a better device then an
LM301 simply shows that the person suggesting such an idea is DECADES out
of date with modern practice.

What I know about it comes directly from using stock C460's alongside
C460's modified by Audio Upgrades. If it's trivial you should have no
trouble demonstrating that - but not by talking about it, by doing it.

The idea that it is trivial is your own. Back it up.

Give me one to modify and I'll give you a treat.

Hey, I'll go one better. I'll say I can wipe the floor with a Jim Williams mod.
He seems to be trading on voodoo as much as anything.

Science isn't complicated. Science has the answers. Always. Every time.
Audiophool 'BELIEF' (a.k.a religion) counts for nothing in the real world..

Graham.