Kalman Rubinson

There are a few standalone decoders available, from time to time, used
on eBay.

Kal

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:20:13 GMT, Cyrus wrote:

In article 47,
"The Open Sourceror's Apprentice" wrote:

I'm trying to locate an inexpensive (meaning "no Flying Cow") device to break
out the optical 5.1 output from my DVD player to 5 separate RCA audio
connectors (not coax digital).

So far, all I have found is the outrageously priced Flying Cow profession D/A
converter from M-Audio/Avid.

Any suggestions? (Other than "get a new receiver." I don't relish trying to
retrain the wife yet again.)

The Flying Cow has six analog rca outputs?

A receiver with preamp outputs or a surround preamp is IMO your only
bet. I believe there are a few dedicated solutions, but probably more
than you'd want to pay.