John Durbin

Default Directed Amplifiers

When we came along, there were essentially three companies living
together under one roof. They did share a few things here and there,
like Orion speaker systems that used a/d/s/ driver parts, and once upon
a time an a/d/s/ powered sub that used an Orion woofer, but for the most
part the brands did not mix at all. Not a bad thing in many ways, but
far from efficient.

JD

Paul Vina wrote:

Are you on crack? PPI and Orion were two separate companies until ADST
bought them both. Even then the designs were still separate.

Paul Vina

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message

You're right. I dont see nothing wrong with a little bit of the retro

look.You

thought that I would point that out. Just like back in the day When PPI
repainted Orion GX amplifiers and sold them as the PPI art searies, such

as

the PPi-2150M

In article dcdzb.287021$ao4.1001827@attbi_s51, "Paul Vina"
wrote:

Maybe like old Alpines. They look nothing like the current Alpines. Not
that there's anything wrong with that. A bunch of amps looked just like
that in the early and mid 90's.

Paul Vina

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
. ..

I just seen the 2003 Directed amplifiers at their website. I hate to

say

it,

but they look like Alpine V12 knock-offs.