Paul Vina

Default Directed Amplifiers

And Linear Power had amps that looked like that too. Big deal. I also
doubt Orio was making their own heatsinks. Almost everyone, even today,
buys them from a 3rd party.

Paul Vina

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
Back in those days, Orion ampifier heatsinks were hand crafted, in their

Tempe
AZ factory. The Orion GX line was out way before the PPI Art Series line.

The
PPI Art Series line came out around the same time as the Orion SX line of
amplifiers. I'm not saying that PPI stole anything. What I am saying is

that
they bough the GX line from Orion and repained them and sold them as their
early Art Series line. A short time after the Art Series came out PPI

changed
the case to a finless rounded end heatsink like the one found on the A100

and
A200 amplifier. The next time that you come across a PPI 2075AM, 4200AM or
2150M, take a close look and you'll see what I mean.

Here is another inferesting fact that many people are unaware of, PPI used

sell gear under the Phaze Audio name.

In article xcyzb.416545$Fm2.424716@attbi_s04, "Paul Vina"
wrote:
SO? Lots of companies get parts from the same vendors. And how do you

know
it was PPI that stole anyone's design (assuming there was any copying in

the
first place)?

Paul Vina