Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill[_20_] Bill[_20_] is offline

Default Always wanted to try a Mac.

In message , geoff
writes
Bet you it was something he did (hint - he needed to call you to fix),
and not the OS or OneDrive app.

Just now he rang again to say that he has all his photos loaded onto the
iMac, and tried to copy his recent writing back onto that machine.
He then got a message saying that his cloud (as I understand it)
automatic sync backup was out of space and would he pay some pennies to
increase the storage.
He declined, searched for and found how to empty his cloud backup. He
followed the instructions and told it that he wanted to keep all the
data on the machine.
All his icons and access to his writings on the iMac have now
disappeared, he says.

I have just told him (again) that I know nothing about Macs. He believes
he has been backing up to a second external HD, but doesn't know how to
restore. He also has all his writings on the Windows machine, so he is
OK.

I've left him to his devices for a bit. It's a shame because otherwise
he is very intelligent, amusing and good company.
--
Bill