Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default de-reverb

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 10/27/2018 12:23 PM, polymod wrote:
I don't use Pro Tools, but I think there may be ways to avoid the
latency issues with Ozone products...

Latency compensation is just that - compensation. With it enabled, the
recorded track plays back at the right time because it's been adjusted.
But if you're monitoring through a plug-in in real time, there will be
delay. This is true with any digital recording process. It's way we have
"zero latency" input monitoring, and why anything that isn't a direct
HARDWARE connection between input and output doesn't really have zero
latency.

A digital mixer cannot have actual zero latency. It can have
sub-millisecond latency. Well below anything like the Haas limit. I
used to use the Fostex VF16 as a gig mixer and nobody noticed anything.

"Zero latency" for things like the Focusrite Scarlett series just means
"minimum possible latency" - it has a very minimal digital mixer built
in.

--
Les Cargill