Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default de-reverb

On 28/10/2018 6:05 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 10/27/2018 12:23 PM, polymod wrote:
I don't use Pro Tools, but I think there may be ways to avoid the
latency issues with Ozone products...

Latency compensation is just that - compensation. With it enabled, the
recorded track plays back at the right time because it's been adjusted.
But if you're monitoring through a plug-in in real time, there will be
delay. This is true with any digital recording process. It's way we have
"zero latency" input monitoring, and why anything that isn't a direct
HARDWARE connection between input and output doesn't really have zero
latency.

Any decent software the plugin reports its latency to the host
application and the playback is adjusted to suit. Obviously can't work
for 'live' though.

geoff