Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Small power amplifier

Dave O'Heare wrote:
Les Cargill wrote in
newscp3j9$5t5$1@dont- email.me:

There are a small eternity of small Class D power amps out there.

Thanks, Les. I'm intrigued by the ICEpower stuff, considering that
their stuff mostly is plug and play (integrated power supply and
everything!).

I note that their amplifier modules are used extensively in MI bass
amps, which worries me a little bit; on the other hand, Yorkville and
Fender each make more money than I do, so maybe they do know
something I don't :-)

Fender is carrying roughly the same debt load as Weimar Germany, so I'm
not sure...

Pat Quilter is pushing switchmode for *guitar amps*, and I have one[1].
It works really, really well. The technology is quite mature.

[1] Quilter Steelaire, for pedal steel. Very challenging problem;
handled with aplomb.

--
Les Cargill