Scott Dorsey

Mike Rivers wrote:

Scott Chapin wrote:

I was going to get the Fostex, but it doe s not record to standard wave.
That would mean buting extra software to handle the broadcast wave format.

I have no problems importing broadcast wave files from my Mackie HDR
into Audacity, Fast Edit (an ancient 16-bit version) or Sequoia 7.
Unless you're already committed to some special software that you know
won't handle broadcast wave files, this shouldn't be a problem. The EM
article does mention a rather disappointing battery life, however -
barely an hour on eight AA cells.

The broadcast wave file is basically a standard wave file with additional
information in the header. Any software that can read a standard wave file
can read it, although it may not necessarily preserve the additional header
information (which contains stuff like the title, for instance). The whole
purpose of the broadcast wave format was compatibility with the older software.