Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default What's the best digital music-recording program for a Macintoshcomputer user?

On 12/10/2017 2:04 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
geoff wrote:
On 12/10/2017 2:50 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

ACID is not a DAW, it's a very specific tool for building music from loops.
It has absolutely nothing to do with a DAW and frequently is used to produce
files which are imported into a DAW.

Um Scott, hate to quibble especially in these circumstances, but what
DAW functions is ACID lacking ?

I'd say the thing wasn't that it was lacking audio editing functions
(although it kind of is because the UI for doing that seems clumsy to me)
more than that they are dwarfed by the other functions that are added.

Al contraire. UI is (to me) straightforward and intuitive. And the UI is
completely and easily configurable with detachable and
repositionable/resizeable windows than you can position across multiple
monitors, or hide completely. Like any DAW it benefits from a large size
hi-res monitor (or two). Some other DAWs are only just catching up in
that area.

I found the operation also totally intuitive - if you can use a word
processor ...

But that's just me. And maybe a few others.

You can use it as a DAW... but it's not software intended primarily for that.
And I wouldn't want to be comping orchestral takes with it

Seems to work pretty well with the bundled GARRITAN orchestra ;-)

geoff