Mike Rivers

In article writes:

The guy who sold me the mic is willing to work with me on this but thought
EV price was way too high, so I offered to get a quote locally.

Send it back and get a refund. Life's too short to fuss with sellers
who lie. Tell him that if he gets it repaired and wants to sell it to
you again at the same price, you'll take it, but only if he sends you
a copy of the E-V repair invoice.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )