Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marc Wielage[_2_] Marc Wielage[_2_] is offline

Default Industry rags

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 04:31:20 -0800, ChrisCoaster wrote
(in article
):

And also speaking of close-miked: Do you have a technique for keeping
performers' lips off the microphones? LOL. I'm thinking about
dipping a few screens in deer or skunk scent. Seriously!

I know of people who have literally gaffer-taped pencils to the grill, so
that performers will poke themselves in the mouths if they get too close.

Realistically, a pop-stopper would probably be the best way. The trick for
me is to get inexperienced people not to weave back and forth, and stay
on-mike 100% of the time. I've thought of using nails to pound their feet to
the floor, but haven't done that yet.

--MFW