Posted to rec.audio.pro
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default Industry rags

On Feb 23, 9:37*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
wrote:
Not just classical. *Jack Johnson, Dennis Chambers and Grover
Washington Jr still care(d) what their product sounds like. *They're
all filed in my 'Reference' playlist.

Right, but none of them sound realistic, they aren't supposed to sound
like they do in the studio.

All the Grover Washington stuff I know, at least the later stuff, sounds
very close-miked. *The horn is in your face and you can hear the valve
noise. *Doesn't sound like that in a concert hall. *It is a very artificial
sound environment.

______
And also speaking of close-miked: Do you have a technique for keeping
performers' lips off the microphones? LOL. I'm thinking about
dipping a few screens in deer or skunk scent. Seriously!

CC