Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default audio term that's parallel to "vivid" for video

On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 07:19:23 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I've been searching for a low-tech but accurate word for clean and clear audio. Comprehensible and intelligible seem to be the most common choices. But they are related to cognition more so than fidelity to me. After a few days and being disappointed with what I have come up with, I am soliciting suggestions. When describing video, "vivid" is a great word - it's simple and well-known. There should be a perfectly parallel word for audio, but it's eluding me. Thanks in advance for your verbal contributions!

- DK

Why do you need a word. Audio fidelity is a combination of several
factors - distortion, frequency response etc, and any attempt to
combine those into a single figure of merit is pretty much doomed - it
certainly hasn't been done yet.

Just get the data, then listen, then take a view. Remember the
listening environment is one of the biggest factors in play.