Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default Microphones

On 27/04/2015 12:56 p.m., Black Iccy wrote:

But you _do_ have control over yourself. Ideally the others should contribute
equally to the overall performance and that is the argument being proposed by
the people with, let's say, an acoustic purist appoach.

The scenario I see (happens often, but mostly with teens) is that
cyclicly EVERYBODY ends up turning things up, until everybody is at "11".

"That naughty sax is getting too prominent, maybe I need a 200W guitar
amp rather than a 100W one". Only a potential 3dB increase, but the
average guitarist doesn't know that.

geoff