Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default learning from experience

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message ...

... You study a problem for months, years, and when you finally
come up with a solution the others who have not been studying
it think you're nuts because it isn't how they thought it worked
before.

The phenomenon was all summed up by Arthur Schopenhauer:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,
it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

It's interesting you mention Schopenhauer, as I'm reading about him. He was
not at all modest, claiming that "The World as Will and Representation" held
the correct answer to all philosophical questions. This book was ignored, and
when not ignored, vehemently criticized. But Schopenhauer lived to see his
work praised and valued.

I /do not/ expect my tombstone to read "He finally convinced humanity of its
failure to use its intelligence well."