Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default learning from experience

"None" wrote in message
news
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

snip extensive self-back-patting

Need I say that I learned a great deal from this?

Case proven, and closed.

Mind closed. You're ignorant insistence that you're always right is a
severe learning disability. It's also both a character defect and a
personality defect.

Welcome to my world Wil. I have had a lot of those experiences in the Air
Force with new discoveries in navigation, correcting some text books,
writing others and straightening out some misconceptions. Also in film and
video work, taking Super 8 Sound to its extremes and getting published a few
times.

You know my audio theories about stereo, but that is not the point. The
point is that if you discover something that others have not, they will be
defensive about the whole thing - your sanity, your intelligence, your right
to be in the room. They all laughed at Christopher Columbus when he said the
world was round, they all laughed when Edison recorded sound, they all
laughed at Ford and his Lizzie, Hershey and his chocolate bar....

You probably knew this would happen when you wrote the above. And there is
None, right on schedule. You probably also knew that I would jump in here.
So here I am, and that is pretty much all I have to say. You study a problem
for months, years, and when you finally come up with a solution the others
who have not been studying it think you're nuts because it isn't how they
thought it worked before.

The phenomenon was all summed up by a man named Arthur Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is
violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Gary Eickmeier