Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] cryan.dublin@gmail.com is offline

Default attaching an audio stream to the mic

I have an audio file (mp3 or similar) and I use various IM tools
(skype, lync, google talk etc). During a group IM session I'd like to
continue to use my mic for my own voice but also be able to 'attach'
the stream to my mic channel so that I can play it to the IM
listeners. If that means I have to toggle between the stream and my
voice for use of the channel thats fine, but I want to do this in a
non-IM client specific way so that it works with any of them. My
question is whether I can do this and, if so, does anyone
have examples (java code would be good!) of how to do this using only
software (eg red5)?

cheers,
craig.