IS

Default ProTools or Cool Edit ? ? ?

I have Cool Edit Pro on my computer (a trial version) and now it's time for
me to make up my mind. Do I want to keep it or not?

If I buy it I will have to spend about 200 on a mic pre amp (that's my
budget) so the total with pre amp and Cool Edit Pro is 200 + 250 = 450.
That's exactly how much Mbox with ProTools LE costs.
I have never tried ProTools, but some people say it's a better software than
Cool Edit.

Would someone please advice me if I should spend my money on the MBox with
ProTools le, or Cool Edit Pro plus a Mic Pre amp?

I am buying this only to record my self playing a classical guitar.
I will never record anything more than perhaps me playing a duet with my
self.
But that's it, I'm doing this in my home.

The big thing I don't like about ProTools, if this is true, is that the
sales man (Guitar Center) told me that I can only use the MBox with it. That
I can not use any other pre amp.
Plus I can only record two tracks at a time.
With Cool Edit Pro I can use any preamp.

Thanks for any advice.

IS.