sam wrote:
...'s a scum, ... dickless
...'s an immature, lying, nasty nerd.

Are we to assume that major tenet of your position is that
you think someone is a scum, someone else an immature, lying,
nasty nerd? Should we assume that, then, that you're not willing
to argue the point on its merits?

What if the people that develop and sell audio products
aren't trying to scam audiophiles?

Some do. SOme don't. Some don't know the difference.

How do you propose we tell the difference?

What if the people that evaluate and report on these
products aren't trying to scam audiophiles?

Some do, some don't. Some don't know the difference.

How do you porpose we tell the difference?

What if these products actually work?

Some do, some don't.

How do you propose we tell the difference?

If someone derives listening pleasure from edging their
CD's with a green pen, there's no denying their right to
do so and there's no denying their right to believe
whatever they want.

But there's also no denying an opposing viewpoint, either.

The green pen is an especially appropriate example, because,
in fact, it was developed as an April Fool's joke.

That you may or may not think that the joke works for you,
that you may or may not like the fact that a joke WAS pulled
on you, that's completely aside from the fact that it is
an instance of one audiophile product that WAS reviewed
positively that, while it may or may not be a scam, it IS
a joke.