Arny Krueger

"Robert Gault" wrote in
message

sam wrote:

" wrote...

"sam"

WTF are you talking about? Are you trying to be
ironic? Have I not just been having a civil discussion
with you?

With me, yes. but why not everybody?

Malesweski's a scum. At least I don't recall you playing
nice with dickless, despite his best efforts to enroll
you. Arny's an immature, lying, nasty nerd. I don't know
why
you can't see that. It's because you share similar
beliefs wrt audio. What if the people that develop and
sell audio products
aren't trying to scam audiophiles?

Granted for the sake of argument.

What if the people that
evaluate and report on these products aren't trying to
scam audiophiles?

Granted for the sake of argument.

What if these products actually work?

How do we know they work? What type of tests should be
used? What makes a test statistically significant rather
than anecdotal?

IOW, why should anecdotes be thought to be more important
than proper listening tests?

What if people actually enjoy music more as a result of
them?

They will if they believe the products work. However, if
it is belief and not fact, should people pay for non
functional items? Heard of the placebo effect?

The problems with beliefs that are not supported by reliable
facts is that not everybody is convinced by anecdotes in the
presence of contradictory facts, and that some people who
initially believe and invest in their beliefs will change
their mind later and decide that they were scammed.

What if the world isn't flat? You said yourself it's
possible.

Just because someone says the world is flat or has
developed a perpetual motion machine does not make it so.
Some things just are not possible.

Resolved - belief that the world is flat is a prerequisite
for belief in the anti-scientific claims of the mystical
high end ragazines.