"sam" wrote in message
" wrote...

John's a nice guy and runs a business that caters to people
that you and Malesweski don't understand.

The stupid and uninformed about the truth of audio electronics?
Worse the SP people lead them down the path to even ggreater stupidity by
mininforming and misleading them.

Or the possibility that you don't know everything and don't understand
what the hobby means to them.

I assume it means the same to them as it does to me, the absolute joy of
hearing a great recording by a talented artist. Where one can feel like
they're actually inside the music.

That doesn't mean that people should be subjected to glowing reviews of
snake oil crap.
In the real world things work or they don't. That there are far too many
people who don't understand that most so-called tweaks or upgrades don't
actually do anything because what they claim to do is impossible is truly
sad. That many of these people refuse to allow themselves to be wised up is
even sadder.

IOW there's no hope that the idiots who read and write SP are ever going
to wise up.

They know what they believe.

Belief is not cognition. No matter how much you believe a lie, it's still a
lie. All the belief in the world won't change the fact that there are
scientific principles that govern audio electronics. SP of course does its
best to fill the heads of the gullible with psuedo scientific bull****.

They know what they want. They
know their hobby is expensive.

For some things, mostly top quality speakers, for most of the rest of it it
doesn't need to be nearly as expensive as some would have us believe.
There's no real reason to spend more than a couple hundred bucks on a CD
player, or more than a thousand on an amp, yet we constanly see claims of
superior sound quality for stuff that costs thousands of dollars. If one
wants to spend more than one needs for some kind of snob appeal, so be it,
but that doesn't mean they should not be made aware that the same sound can
be had for much less.

Most of them are wiser and more
successful than you and Arny together.

See, there's the snob thing again.

I don't really care about how successful or not someone is when they talk
about audio, I know enough to acheive the quality of sound I desire and I
know it doesn't have anything to do with snake oil crap like magic bricks,
green pens, Mpingo disks, or Tice clocks.

Simple adherence to sound engineering principles and good setup of the
speaker/room interface will lead to improvement in sound quality. Choosing
things based on price reviewed by people who refuse to control for bias,
will most likely not, or at best, lead to spending enormous amounts of money
on things that make no difference.