Andy Weaks

Default Need help wiring speakers

mayhemkrew wrote:

Just hope you wired the speakers in phase. If not it'll sound like you are
in a tunnel.

Kinda off the topic, but is it me, or when speakers are out of phase, does
it irritate your ears? Seriously, when I hear cars that customers tried to
and speakers are out of phase, it just, I dunno bothers my ears in some
weird way.

I am VERY sensitive to out of phase speakers. I don't know how many shops I have been to
that have wired some or all their speakers on the board backwards and I can tell within
seconds. I then tell them their speakers out of phase and it usually ****es them off. I
have had arguments with "salespeople" and they insist that there is nothing wrong. But
like I said, my ears are hypersensitive. To me it is a hollow sound, or like something is
missing out of the music. I guess tunnel like kinds also describes it. Just moving my head
back and forth will confirm it. I do have some trouble hearing if my subs are out of phase
with the fronts. It usually isn't as pronounced but after a little bit of listening it
does become obvious.

Maybe some people don't notice it as much as others.