Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Steven Sullivan

Default WMA lossless or FLAC audio player?

windcrest wrote:
I avoid that format for more than the karaoke issue.

The problem is that I already ripped a couple thousand CD's to wma
lossless because the quality was so good. I also proved that I can
convert lossless wma back to wav flawlwssly, IOW the original and
converted wav files checksum to each other and are identical, using the
undocumented Microsoft wma lossless to pcm converter utility. I guess
I just assumed that I would one day find a player for wma lossless. In
after thought I probably should have maybe gone with flac as there are
more players for that. As it is now I still have to bring a laptop to
gigs, there are situations where I dont want a laptop and would prefer
a player (like coffee shop gigs where all I need is amp, guitar and
player).

So the ideal player right now would be one that can do wma lossless and
flac (a high-end audiophile player if you will).

This is my first post here so I figured on finding some experts on
lossless audio and what would be considered an audiophile-quality
player. I figure CD's will be obsolete in a few years and am a little
saddened by everyone in the world listening to lossy compression
through earbuds.

The Microsoft Windows Media site has information on WMA players.
Have you checked there?

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority