Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger

Default Adobe Audition 2.0

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote ...
"kent" wrote
I am considering buying Audition 2.0, but am intimidated
by the price and the bad reviews on amazon.com.

Huh?

I just looked at the Audition 2.0 reviews on Amazon and
found nothing but positive reviews.

As I look at it right now (on my 2nd screen) there are two
reviews, and both are dramatically negative. They are
both from satisfied users of previous version(s).

Here is the specific URL I am looking at...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/
B000E8JLAI/ref=cm_cr_dp_pt/002-0154169-6048842
?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=229534&s=software
[re-assemble without spaces]

Thank you very much Richard. Nothing like a well-crafted link that precisely
supports your comments.

Basically I just want to record multiple voice tracks
over wav files of music I've made in FL Studio, edit and
apply effects to them, and mix the vocals so that they
sound professional.

Audition will definately do that very well.

No question. Audition may even be overkill.

Is 2.0 really as bad as I am being led to believe?

Huh?

Arny, I was about to agree with you 100% until I went to
Amazon.com and read the (two) customer reviews for myself.
Granted, two sample points are not that overwhelming, but
then AA2 hasn't been out that long, and Amazon isn't a
primary source of user discussion about higher-end audio
products.

Well yes they are negative reviews. I see them as supporting my long-held
belief that you can't change anything that was fairly well-crafted in the
first place, without disappointing someone.

However, I must say that I am concerned about what I read
in those reviews. I have been using CE2K and CEP since
long before they sold out to Adobe and CEP/AA is my
primary audio mixing/processing tool on several computers.

Ditto.

The kinds of things they are complaining about are the
very things that bug me significantly about other Adobe
products which I use regularly (Premiere, Encore and
Photoshop). There seems to be a continuing influence of a non-MSwin
UI scheme (Mac perhaps? :-) which makes Adobe products
more awkward, less intuitive to use compared to other more
conventional MSwin applications.

I suspect Adobe are guilty as you charge.

Part of my day job is
designing User Interfaces, so I may be a bit more
sensitive to this than others?

My approach is to learn the new UI well enough that I'm not suffering with
withdrawal symptoms from the old one and then make up my mind, as if that
will matter. Audition 2.0 is what it is.

I am particularly troubled by the reports about the
shortcut keys as I use a customized set quite extensively
to do repetitive tasks for both audio production (speech
and music) and for video "sweetening".

I see 2.0 as adhering more closely to Windows keyboard, mouse and command
standards.

I believe I will download the trial version and try it
before committing to just another lock-step upgrade. Hope
this is not the end of the line of usable versions.

Good idea. The two versions cohabit well.