Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger

Default Adobe Audition 2.0

"kent" wrote in message
ups.com
There are two different versions of 1.5 on amazon, and I
meant to ask about this as well:

One of them, which is only available through the "used &
new" option for a higher price than 2.0, has an icon that
says Windows 2000 / Windows XP. Since I have Windows XP,
this is the one I would get -- if it was in the warehouse
for a lower price.

The second version of 1.5 is available in the warehouse
for $250 -- but it says "No Operating System." The
product is "Adobe AUDITION 1.5 WIN 1U ( 22011118 )" and I
am confused by this. Is there a difference between these
two products, and will this second version work on my
computer? I had sort of assumed that it wouldn't.

AFAIK there have been only one version of each release level of CEP and
Audition.

IOW if its labelled Audition release 1.5 then it nets out to be the same
thing as anything else labelled Audition release 1.5.

Of course for every release there are both full-product and upgrade
versions, which differ only in the obvious way.