Posted to rec.audio.pro
flatfish+++

Default Adobe Audition 2.0

On Thu, 04 May 2006 15:18:58 +0000, philicorda wrote:

I think they've lost the simplicity and speed that was so nice about Cool
Edit. It used to be more of a multitrack wave editor, now it's just
another DAW.

I agree!
It looks to me like they are trying to "Premier'ize it" for lack of a
better term.

Also, some of my plugins refused to run, preferring to make stuttering
noises and requiring restarting the program (even after removing them from
the effects rack) to fix the problem.

Audition got plugin latency compensation in 2.0 didn't it?
I'd imagine it's related as I've not known any DAW to move to it
without a few hiccups.

To be honest, I'm not sure.
I borrowed a brand new copy from a friend to try it out, installed it
and tinkered around but since the interface was confusing and plugins were
not working correctly I removed it. He is running it with no troubles, but
he doesn't have the number of plugins that I have.
I've been a registered Cooledit user since Cooledit 95 but this one I just
can't warm up to.

--
flatfish+++
"Why do they call it a flatfish?"