Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Crowley

Default Adobe Audition 2.0

"Arny Krueger" wrote ...
"kent" wrote
I am considering buying Audition 2.0, but am intimidated
by the price and the bad reviews on amazon.com.

Huh?

I just looked at the Audition 2.0 reviews on Amazon and
found nothing but positive reviews.

As I look at it right now (on my 2nd screen) there are two
reviews, and both are dramatically negative. They are both
from satisfied users of previous version(s).

Here is the specific URL I am looking at...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/
B000E8JLAI/ref=cm_cr_dp_pt/002-0154169-6048842
?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=229534&s=software
[re-assemble without spaces]

Basically I just want to record multiple voice tracks
over wav files of music I've made in FL Studio, edit and
apply effects to them, and mix the vocals so that they
sound professional.

Audition will definately do that very well.

No question. Audition may even be overkill.

Is 2.0 really as bad as I am being led to believe?

Huh?

Arny, I was about to agree with you 100% until I went to
Amazon.com and read the (two) customer reviews for myself.
Granted, two sample points are not that overwhelming, but then
AA2 hasn't been out that long, and Amazon isn't a primary
source of user discussion about higher-end audio products.

However, I must say that I am concerned about what I read in
those reviews. I have been using CE2K and CEP since long
before they sold out to Adobe and CEP/AA is my primary
audio mixing/processing tool on several computers.

The kinds of things they are complaining about are the very
things that bug me significantly about other Adobe products
which I use regularly (Premiere, Encore and Photoshop).
There seems to be a continuing influence of a non-MSwin
UI scheme (Mac perhaps? :-) which makes Adobe products
more awkward, less intuitive to use compared to other more
conventional MSwin applications. Part of my day job is
designing User Interfaces, so I may be a bit more sensitive
to this than others?

I am particularly troubled by the reports about the shortcut
keys as I use a customized set quite extensively to do
repetitive tasks for both audio production (speech and music)
and for video "sweetening".

I believe I will download the trial version and try it before
committing to just another lock-step upgrade. Hope this is
not the end of the line of usable versions.