Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default The truth about cables !

On Tue, 6 Oct 2020 06:50:11 -0700 (PDT), sTeeVee
wrote:

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 11:21:40 AM UTC-4, Ralph Barone wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:
On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 9:15:22 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
https://www.prosoundweb.com/revealin...io-wire-cable/

geoff

Sadly, some people will actually believe this.

Ty Ford

The part about placing your amplifier above your speakers is clearly wrong.
In a copper wire, the free electrons each weigh about 118,000 times LESS
than the ions in the stationary copper lattice. Because of this, electrons
tend to float in the denser atoms. Therefore, for €śfast€ť bass, you should
put the amp BELOW the speakers, so that the electrons can float upwards.

I tell you, there are so many misconceptions out there...

Is that what is referred to as "floater"? I'm a noobee, I dunno. I like fast bass anyways.
sTEEVEE

Neglect of those tired electrons that have to battle against gravity
crawling back down the return wire to the amp? That won't do.

I'm not a fan of fast bass. I find the last few bars of the tune lack
a certain depth when the bass player has already packed up and gone
home.