Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] skybuck2000@hotmail.com is offline

Default Powering Cambridge 210w 8ohm Sub woofers

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 3:43:42 PM UTC+2, Peter Wieck wrote:
A couple of things: This is a 3-voice-coil woofer. The reason for it is quite simple:

a) Left Channel
b) Right Channel
c) Center Channel

So are you "saying" that the bass of the left chanel speaker is re-router into this subwoofer, and same for right and center ?

So that would mean the subwoofer is than capable of playing bass from left/center/right speaker.

An interesting hypothesis...

However there could also be a special subwoofer signal which already contains all information for subwoofer.

So this confuses me a little bit.

It might be possible that this design would take additional frequency range from above 200 hz from speakers and re-route it to the subwoofer.

That would make a bit more sense to me...

Hmmmm...

This subwoofer is from a 7.1 speaker system... so there would be 7 speakers...

You only describe 3 so that leaves an additional 4 speakers...

Maybe the electronics would mix even more or so... from those 7... hmm..

Or you could be completely wrong and it has nothing to do with channels.

Well if I do decide to have this gigaworks fixed then I will surely test this hypothesis by generating 500 hz waves, disconnecting all speakers and see what the subwoofer does ! =D

Very interesting experiment ! Wish I had one right now to test with ! =D