Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Tech: Carver Dolby Pro Sound Reciever HR-895

On 1/20/2009 4:12 PM spake thus:

I dont know how to diagnose it but I work on pinball machines not
stereos. One of you guys from the information i have given should have
been able to help...not really.

OK, let's look at it this way. Taking your ability to repair pinball
machines at face value, suppose someone here posted that they had a
machine that lit up but otherwise didn't work, and asked "can you tell
me what's wrong with it?". How would you go about helping that person?

You'd need more information about what was wrong with their machine,
right? I assume there are lots of ways a pinball machine can fail; how
could you possibly tell them where to look without more information? And
I assume you have schematics for the machines you work on, right?

You see how this works?

--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson