Posted to rec.audio.pro
bigdane1973 bigdane1973 is offline

Default Digi Design MBox 2 and other A/D Interface questions

On Mar 6, 6:43 pm, wrote:
On Mar 6, 6:23 pm, "Greg" wrote:

I am looking to set up a midi studio at home - basically creating
background tracks for pop songs etc. I'll be using Sonar 6 and
Kontakt 2 as my SW and am looking into the MBox 2 as my A/D
converter / interface. Can I use the MBox 2 without having to run it
through Pro Tools? Also, any other A/D interfaces you suggest instead
of the MBox 2? Thanks a lot!

Greg

While the MBox2 is a good unit, you're really paying for the
software. Since you're not planning on using PTools I'd say you
definitely should look into other interfaces. I'm not a Windows guy
so I don't have first hand recommendations there, but there's really
no point in using any PTools hardware if you won't be needing PTools,
because that basically opens it up to "everything else" : )

Look at the M-Audio or Motu stuff.