Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Current 441

Nate Najar wrote:
They haven't changed it have they? I.e. If I bought a brand new one will it perform as expected? Or have they given it the 421 treatment?

The capsule looks different, but it doesn't sound obviously different. I have
not done a careful A-B test between them, but I have used both on the same
stage and not noticed anything. It's certainly not like the new 421 that
sounds like Jack has been at it with the 3k boost.

You'll also see some of the Fireball 441s out there, which have capsules that
look different than all the other 441 variations, and more limited M-S
settings. Those came out back in the eighties and I don't think they sound
dramatically different either.

Maybe someone else who has done a real A-B test can be sure.