Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Role of Production(Recording, Mixing, & Mastering) in Creatinga Great Record

On 12/24/2014 5:27 AM, Trevor wrote:

Why would you have to explain Metro Fire Department Vs micro Farad?

To most people, DMV stands for Division of Motor Vehicles. Every state
has one. But around here in the Washington DC area, people too lazy to
write "Washington Metropolitan Area" use DMV, meanomg District,
Maryland, and Virginia. No concern that there are parts of Virginia and
Maryland that are more than 200 miles from Washington DC.

We have WMATA - Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Agency - that
operates the airports and subway system, and they make their area of
coverage clear. But why would i eat at a restaurant where I go to renew
my driver's license (OK, I can do that on line now)?

And wasn't there some concern about the confusion between The Beatles'
Apple record label and Apple Computers? After all, both involve music.
If The Beatles wasn't so big, they would have lost that battle.

But it's possible that you might have occasion to write "The 2000 MFD
capacitor blew up and I had to call the MFD when the flames got too big."

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com