Paul Vina

Default High effecany mid/high power 2 ohm sub??

I disagree. The IDMAX subs are very effficient but will also take 1200
watts all day long. But I see your point. generally an efficient woofer
will not handle a large amount of power becuase of the size of the voice
coil among other things.

Paul Vina

"Kevin McMurtrie" wrote in message
"BBB" wrote:

I'm looking for a sub. Need some export advice....

Requirments:

2ohm load for amp(can be dual 4 coils)
1000W power handeling
high efficency
12" dia

I want a dymanic sub that can handel power when I turn it up

I havn't set a budget yet, no idea what it'll cost. I'm acustom to good

bass
from my home system. I would like to try and match it. I'm not looking

for
the typical car stereo (ie 20dB of boost from 150Hz down, lol)

Also, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, I don't have access to many brands.

Any
reputable web-vendors??

Thanks,
Sorry for the "what sub" question

I don't think you'll get such a speaker, or even want it. An efficient
12" sub does serious shaking with not even 200W. The very high power
subs are usually designed to fight against the high pressure of a small
enclosure. So far I haven't heard one that sounds good or is efficient.
Some are very efficient but fall more into the woofer category.

My current favorite sub is the Shiva Mark III. It's designed for deep
bass (16 - 200 Hz range) and large enclosures so I don't know if you
would have the room for it in a car. I'm using it in a work cubicle
after hours