fogdog

TCS wrote:
On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:50:56 -0400, fogdog wrote:

Joakim Wendel wrote:

In article
,
TCS wrote:

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 12:22:43 +0200, Joakim Wendel
wrote:

There was no suggestion of a TV in the OP...(Nowadays there are plasma's
and procection and whathaveyounot)
But i would like to add that IF You decide to put Your center on the
receiver make sure that You allow for air to pass through the receiver.

My problem is I have limited space to put all the components I have.
Check this pic out
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg270h/receiver_setup.jpg

Why don't you just put the center speaker on top of the tv?
I can't really tell from the picture if it's a flatscreen, or a tube.
If it's a tube, put the speaker on top; if it's a flatscreen, leave the
speaker on top of the DVD. If there's too much vibration -- the dvd
skips -- then perhaps another shelf just for the speaker.

I have a rackmount tascam dat player coming that I am going to add to
the line-up. Where do you think everything should go? My main problem
is that I am not tall enough to reach the record player so I would like
to move it down to a lower level.

It is a tube however there are lots of drunkards that frequent my room
and the top of the tube tv is slanted so the center speaker would not be
very secure.