fogdog

Joakim Wendel wrote:
In article
,
TCS wrote:

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 12:22:43 +0200, Joakim Wendel
wrote:

In article
,
TCS wrote:

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 19:59:15 -0500, fogdog
wrote:

Can you put the center channel on top of a receiver? Is it not
recommended? The receiver and speaker are both made by onkyo and are
def not high end.

It's a great idea if you want to focus dialog to seem to be coming out
of your receiver.

Your center speaker is most likely shielded but still, since most
designs for receivers include all sorts of anti-vibration measures, it's
a bad idea.

I'm sure it will not do any harm as long as the speaker IS shielded and
if You can't hear a degradation of sound there You decide!

The center speaker should be above or below the TV. Putting it anywhere
completely defeats the point of localizing dialog.

If you can't put the center speaker @ the tv, it is better to do without
it. At least you won't hear all the dialog coming from the vicinity
of your receiver.

There was no suggestion of a TV in the OP...(Nowadays there are plasma's
and procection and whathaveyounot)
But i would like to add that IF You decide to put Your center on the
receiver make sure that You allow for air to pass through the receiver.

My problem is I have limited space to put all the components I have.
Check this pic out
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg270h/receiver_setup.jpg

I have a rackmount tascam dat player coming that I am going to add to
the line-up. Where do you think everything should go? My main problem
is that I am not tall enough to reach the record player so I would like
to move it down to a lower level.