Posted to rec.audio.pro
StudioDog StudioDog is offline

Default USB hum/noise isolation?

On Mar 20, 12:48 am, "w_tom" wrote:
The red wire should have been the correct wire. But more important
was which wires are twisted and untwisted.

I understand what you're saying, but is it possible we're talking
about different cables? Is there a difference between a USB 1.1 cable
and a USB 2.0 cable? I have not found any twisted pairs in the cable
I'm dissecting. All four coloured wires in my cable are singles, made
up of mutli-stranded steel-coloured wire. It's a USB A male to USB B
male cable, btw - probably came with the Alesis mixer, which is USB
1.1.