Posted to rec.audio.car
CT CT is offline

Default Max. size of USB flash-drive for car decks?

On May 28, 12:07 pm, Tom wrote:
More research and actually trying it has answered my questions. As long as
you obey the allowable folder/file structure, the device should work. This
is Kenwood's spec. fromhttp://www.kenwood.com/audiofile:

snip

When the last file in a folder is reached, playback moves to the first file
in the next folder, based on nesting levels and folder names. USB's main
weakness is getting gapless playback to work outside a computer. For me
there's no turning back to discs now.

Tom

Yeah, the reason why I went with a usb port in-dash stereo was to get
rid of the dependence on burn CDs. Mine plays mp3's from CDs as well,
but you will have to make a new cd everytime you want to add or
subtract songs. With the flash drive, I just hook it up to the
computer and add or subtract songs quite easily. And forward and
reverse traversing of songs is a lot quicker than a CD. My USB port
is in the front, which I don't mind. I plan on getting a 2GB flash
drive that is small so it won't seem noticeable.

Chris