Todd H.

Default Replacing belt in R.Shack turntable

(Gregorso) writes:

I have an Radio Shack turntable (maybe 8 yrs. old?). I opened it up
and the "rubber band" belt that connects the motor to the center of
the turntable is broken. Radio Shack says it's $10 to get a
replacement for that part.

Can a proper replacement be bought elsewhere for less money?

How cheap are you? Even if you found one for $5, it'd probably cost $5
to ship.

Is it worth repairing?

Depends. Can you find another turntable for $10?

Are there any things I should be aware of
when replacing the belt?

Nothing other than that it's a perfectly normal and necessary wear
item that needs periodic replacment. :-)

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / |