Kalman Rubinson

Default Replacing belt in R.Shack turntable

On 30 Sep 2003 15:34:40 -0700, (Gregorso) wrote:

I have an Radio Shack turntable (maybe 8 yrs. old?). I opened it up
and the "rubber band" belt that connects the motor to the center of
the turntable is broken. Radio Shack says it's $10 to get a
replacement for that part.

Can a proper replacement be bought elsewhere for less money? Is it
worth repairing? Are there any things I should be aware of when
replacing the belt?

There are several belt companies out there and MCM and PartsExpress
handle many sizes. However, considering the time and trouble, along
with shipping and uncertainty of optimal fit, I'd spend the $10.

Kal