Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Selecting 8-chan micpre/ADAT interface

Budget: $1K~3K
Use: Live, location recording, mostly classical choral & instrumental
Recorder: Alesis HD24
Priorities:
1) "tonally neutral" mic preamps
2) 8 channels
3) ADAT lightpipe output (44.1, 48K @ 24 bit)
4) 1 RU (if possible?)

Short list:
Mackie Onyx 800R
Focusrite OctoPre
Presonus Digimax

Any thoughts, advice, experience, recommendations?

I have a large, live recording project (150 voice men's
festival chorus + organ, brass, percussion) in about a
month from now that I would like to upgrade for.

I am also likely buying a matched pair of Josephson
C42 as my main stereo pair (since I can't justify the
$$$ for Schoeps or DPA) Open for suggestions.