Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Replace plate load resistor with plate choke

I was thinking the same thing Pat until I realized he said 78 characters per line, and not for the entire post!

Jim
Wd5JKO

Well Jim, It seemed to me someone was complaining yet again that my posts were too long. And of course I have zero idea how to control the length of lines at my end; I am somewhat unskilled in IT practice, but maybe not as unskilled as those who invent and present us with means of communication without full instructions about how to use it all.

I have found I cannot be a part of ****ter because it is restricted to 140 characters per post.

I find Farsepuke a complete mystery. I tried joining 4 years ago, and nobody contacted me for 18mths, so I quit the damn place, and deleted my profile..
Then recently I re-joined to be able to post to a guy about a health issue.
I was inundated by inbox messages saying I had notifications and messages so I'd login and find there was zero messages. I did manage to talk to the fellow who had posted. Nothing for month now. So, my last post at Farcepuke tells everyone ppl to simply email me with regular email, and not to try thru Farcepuke.
Nobody has, which indicates NOBODY can be friends; the idea of "friends" is just another bowl of puke at Farcepuke.

It seems to me that the best form of the news groups was once before Google took over Usenet Groups, and changed all the format.

Rec.audio.tubes in 2003 was an extremely lively place where I sometimes wrote to 20 ppl who asked questions about tube amplifiers et all.
It was not moderated, so it soon attracted the most vicious of people who enjoyed their silly word wars rather than enjoy the brotherhood of man. So slowly the thin skinned who expected politeness all vanished. I stayed, and to make matters easier for tube enthusiasts I created my website with those who didn't know very much in mind.

I am not sure the Internet is getting any better. Last monday night's ABC Four Corners program in Australia of 1 hour was all about Facebook, oops, I meant Farcepuke, and how everyone is tracked and watched, and targeted by ppl wanting to sell stuff, mostly crap. Then there's the fake news and the "viral spread of posts" which are often of -155% relevance to any intelligent person; the level of BULL**** has risen so high now.

So it seems humans never really progress while crowing about "progress" to state of worseness, while sometimes moaning about 78 characters.
For the last 8 years at least my presence here has dwindled; I think many fellows who built tube gear may have been stopped by the GFC in 2008, or else they all got old and lost interest. I made a business out of a hobby, and shared it all with everyone.
It wasn't very lucrative, so I was happy to quit business in 2012 and take the old age pension because it paid twice as much. Those many customers who said they really loved tube gear would not pay more than peanuts.
I wasn't bitter, because I'd worked hard enough in my 30s to pay off my house, so in my 50s I could afford to do a low pay job because I didn't have to pay rent.
Maybe that's enough background information from me; I try to not have a single malicious molecule within my humble self.

I'll try to have a good Easter, you should try that too.
I did have both knee joints replaced 7 weeks ago; Its probably true I have a high pain threshold. But I should get back in my bicycle next Saturday, and that will be heaven. I am not obsessed with the Internet, and I have other interests - called living.

Keep as well as Unkle Fate allows,
Patrick Turner.