Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Need advice for a small room

On Tue, 1 May 2012 08:38:24 -0700, John Stone wrote
(in article ):

On 5/1/12 9:12 AM, in article , "Robert
Peirce" wrote:

In article ,
Audio Empire wrote:

with an on-axis frequency response of 55 to 30KHz +/- 3 dB!

That's the problem. Apparently, what I am looking for is a speaker that
has an off-axis response very similar to its on-axis response. That
seems to explain a soundstage that stays focused from various points in
the room, unless I completely mis-read what Haley was saying.

How about this:
http://linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/intro.htm

and the upgrade:
http://linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/Pluto-2.1.htm

I can't say. I have heard the Orion at the "Burning Amp" DIY audio show and
they were very good, but I don't know how wide their soundstage is , or how
stable their imaging is off-axis.