Martin

Default Neumann KM84

My take on accurate is how close the mic reproduces an instrument that is
not plugged into anything. The thing I noticed on the Schoeps was what I
wasn't hearing. I don't hear that screeching high end or that muffled sound
or that annoying....... Perhaps my statement, "We all agreed the Schoeps
sounded more accurate.", could have been rephrased by saying that "we all
preferred the sound of the Schoeps." Anyway, we were probably splitting
hairs on the KM84 because we all quite liked it. Which lead me to my first
post in this thread; why did they do away with the KM84 when it sounds so
good? Everytime I pose a question like that I learn a lot from all the great

Martin

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
In Article , "Martin"
wrote:
Interesting.

My goal over the last 8 months or so was to find a desert island, matched
pair, of microphones to record my Martin D28. I believe I have found it

in
the Schoeps CMC6 MK41. I have researched, read everything I could find,
listened to every sample of every mic I could find, renting everything in
sight, etc... I'm sure there are other high quality mics that could be
considered but I want to get on with it. As for the KM84 I was quite
impressed with every acoustic guitar recording that used a KM84. Today, a
few of us compared recordings of acoustic guitar that used the Schoeps

and
KM84. We all agreed the Schoeps sounded more accurate.

Martin

Hmmm. Martin, can you expound on accurate?

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford