Rusty Boudreaux

Default What happened to perpetual technologies?

"Mkuller" wrote in message
Snake oil is more than a "tad" harsh to call AA. Mark owned

the company and
had a very talented designer in the days when digital was

evolving. They
produced excellent products at great prices and their DTI

jitter buster was a
breakthrough product that is still in use today by people using

separates.

That may be true but I still think they weren't totally honest
with some of their products. There should be no need for jitter
correction in CD audio as has been pointed out by Dick Pierce and
others that CD's can't have jitter. If a jitter buster helps
then something is wrong with the CD player.

Another example is a quote by Tom Nousaine in this newsgroup a
few weeks ago:

"I'm guessing that my experience with an Audio Alchemy outboard
DAC might be
illustrative. Using that device for a level matched test I
discovered that the
output of the AA was +10 dB compared to the analog output of a
Marantz CD-63
player.

Inside the case there was a jumper with 0 dB and +10 dB settings.
Moving the
jumper to the 0 dB position and, guess what, the output was still
+4 dB. So to
an end-user the device always delivered a higher output level.

I'm guessing that this kind of level de-match accounts for
practically all, if
not exactly all, of the reported cd-player sound differences."