Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default Best digital music recording program

On 09 Dec 2014, Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

I do all my editing and mastering in Sound Forge Pro 10. Might
Audacity be better suited to my needs in terms of editing control
and plugins?

I don't know Sound Forge very well, but I believe it's the same class
of program as Audacity. I expect that Sound Forge has more features and
supports various industry standard plugins better than Audacity. It
should, for the price! Still, Audacity does some things very well,
especially for free! It will cost you nothing to find out - give it
try, you might find another good tool for your toolbox!

Another nice thing about Audacity is that the developers listen to the
users via a mail list, so if you have suggestions or problems, you may
get an answer right from the horse's mouth.