Old January 6th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Reducing ventelation noise

In article .com>,
Matrixmusic > wrote:
>I have 6 inch ventelation going into my studio and it's causing noise.
>Any suggestions on how to reduce the noise floor through muffling the
>noise

Replace it with a 12 inch duct and add a baffle box for muffling. The
whole point is that you want to be moving a lot of volume at a low speed
rather than a low volume at a high speed. This means ductwork becomes
a lot more bulky and a whole lot more expensive.