Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin[_2_] Rick Ruskin[_2_] is offline

Default Input transformer for Spectra Sonics 101 preamp

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 21:35:18 -0800 (PST), Phil Allison
wrote:

Scott Dorsey wrote:

---------------------

As far as I know, the 101 was used as the front end on all
Spectra sonics consoles until the 110 came along.

It was. It was also used as make-up gain for all kinds of other things.
It was a handy general-purpose gain module.

** We talking about the same manufacturer who sold thousand of cheap and nasty, 19inch rack mount, stereo power amplifiers back in the 1970s ?

Those things were plain horrible, almost total rubbish.

Made Phase Linear, SAE, Dynaco 400 kits and even local maker's products look classy by comparison.

.... Phil

I'm talking about the company founded by Bill Dilley that built parts
(preamps, eq's, line amps, power supplies; etc.) that Flickenger,
Auditronics, and others used to build consoles. They also built
theirr own consoles and the 610 complimiter, among other audio
devices. If they made any of the cheap gear you're thinking of, they
didn't do it under the Spectra Sonics brand.

RR